Do you have any favorites in this list?
Farmer's MarketsIf you're not sure where to shop, check out these popular farmer's markets:
- The Downtown Country Market on Buffalo’s Main Street is held on Tuesday and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., starting May 17, 2012 through October 25, 2012.
- The Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market is a producer-only market (all vendors grow or produce what they sell) on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The University Community Market (999 Broadway ) at the UB South Campus (on Main Street at Kenmore Avenue) is open on Saturdays form 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. through October 13.
- The Broadway Market (999 Broadway ) is an indoor market that operates year-round from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Saturdays.
- The Clinton-Bailey Farmer’s Market on Clinton Street is open year-round. In April, the market is open on Saturdays from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Summer hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday through Friday, and 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Alden's Farmer's Market in the Alden Village Plaza runs run every Saturday through October 6 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Clarence Hollow Farmer's Market at 10717 Main Street is held on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. through October.
- The East Aurora Farmer's Market at the Tops Plaza is held every Wednesday and Saturday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. until the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
- The Kenmore Farmer's Market on the corner of Delaware Rd. and Delaware Avenue is held every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. through October 26.
- The Lancaster Village Market at 4913 Transit Road in Depew is held on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Wednesday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. The market is open until October 29.
- The Williamsville Farmer's Market at the Williamsville Water Mill on E. Spring Street is held on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. through October 27.
This information was compiled with the help of Deborah Richter, a registered dietitian at Sisters of Charity Hospital, St. Joseph Campus in Cheektowaga and is a certified diabetes educator. She teaches diabetes education classes and provides outpatient nutrition counseling. She has helped her clients to lose weight, reduce their blood pressure and feel better about themselves through healthy eating choices.