Choose beans, peas, or veggie products as a main dish or part of a meal often to get adequate protein.
You might try:
- Baked beans
- Rice and beans
- Veggie burgers
- Hummus spread on pita bread
More Smart Eating TipsSmart Eating is a series of nutrition tips to help you transform your eating habits. A new tip will be added on weekdays throughout the month of October.
- Eat 3 Meals Every Day
- Focus on Balance, Variety and Proportion
- Make Half Your Plate Fruits and Vegetables
- Choose Whole Wheat Grains Instead of Refined Grains
- Switch to Fat-free or Low-fat (1%) Milk
- Lean Meats Will Keep You Leaner
- Eat Seafood at Least Twice a Week
Learn more about healthy eating on October 26, 2012 at WomenCare First Annual Day of Health: Be Strong, Be Happy, Be Healthy. Registered Dietitian Ann Marie Smokowski will present “Anti-Inflammatory Eating: The Mediterranean Lifestyle.” Click here for details.