Choose seafood at least twice a week as your main source of protein.
Seafood choices include:
The advice to eat seafood often does not apply to vegetarians. For vegetarians, the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) recommends protein sources such as beans, peas and processed soy products.
More Smart Eating TipsSmart Eating is a series of nutrition tips to help you transform your eating habits. A new tip will be added on weekdays throughout the month of October.
- Eat 3 Meals Every Day
- Focus on Balance, Variety and Proportion
- Make Half Your Plate Fruits and Vegetables
- Choose Whole Wheat Grains Instead of Refined Grains
- Switch to Fat-free or Low-fat (1%) Milk
- Lean Meats Will Keep You Leaner
Learn more about healthy eating on October 26, 2012 at WomenCare First Annual Day of Health: Be Strong, Be Happy, Be Healthy. Registered Dietitian Ann Marie Smokowski will present “Anti-Inflammatory Eating: The Mediterranean Lifestyle.” Click here for details.