Become a Hero: Donate Blood
The American Red Cross Blood Drive
Wednesday, January 3, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Catholic Health – Associate Regional Training Center
144 Genesee St.
The American Red Cross Tips for a Successful Donation
- Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet by eating iron rich foods, such as red meat, fish, poultry, beans, spinach, iron-fortified cereals and raisins.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Drink an extra 16 oz. of water or nonalcoholic fluids before the donation.
- Eat a healthy meal before your donation. Avoid fatty foods, such as hamburgers, fries or ice cream before donating. (Fatty foods can affect the tests we do on your blood. If there is too much fat in your blood, your donation cannot be tested for infectious diseases and the blood will not be used for transfusion.)
- If you are a platelet donor, your system must be free of aspirin for two days prior to donation.
© 2018 The American National Red Cross
For more information regarding what to do after your blood donation, please visit the American Red Cross website.
The need for blood is constant. Your commitment to help save lives is truly appreciated and makes a difference in the lives of patients in need.