Mercy Hospital Chef Christopher Damiani and guest host Holistic Health Coach Karen Calandra, RN, created a healthy Beef and Turkey Meatloaf for our Cooking Well at Mercy show held in December at the Mercy Café on the hospital’s 3rd floor
Beef and Turkey Meatloaf Ingredients
Ingredients for Step One
7 oz. onion diced
¾ cup beef broth
2 T Montreal steak seasoning
Ingredients for Step Two
2 lbs., 10 oz. beef ground 80/20
1 lbs., 12 oz. turkey ground 90/10
7 eggs cracked
6 oz. bread crumbs plain
1 T dry mustard
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. dried thyme
Beef and Turkey Meatloaf Preperation
- In sauté pan over medium heat, sauté onion until caramelized 4-5 min.
- Add broth and seasoning cook until liquid is evaporated (4-5 min). Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine onion mixture, meat mixture, and all ingredients.
- Mix until well blended.
- Place in Parchment or wax paper lined loaf pan. (Pan spray if you don’t mind scrubbing)
- Press meat mix into the pan makes 2 loafs.
- Place in oven bake until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Drain, cut in 12 slices keep warm until service.
Cooking Well at Mercy
This video was filmed at our Cooking Well at Mercy Show in the hospital’s Mercy Café. This series of brief cooking demos are free and open to all associates, physicians, volunteers and hospital guests.
Chef Christopher Damiani
Christopher Damiani serves as the assistant director of Food Services at Mercy Hospital. A professional chef with a Culinary Arts degree from Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island, he oversees the menu planning for hospital patients and the Mercy Café.