Prescription Drug Take Back Day
Saturday, October 28, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Catholic Health drop-off sites include:
* Kenmore Mercy Hospital – 2950 Elmwood Ave., Kenmore, NY
* Mercy Ambulatory Care Center – 3669 Southwestern Blvd., Orchard Park, NY
* Mount St. Mary’s Hospital – 5300 Military Rd., Lewiston, NY
* Sisters of Charity Hospital, St. Joseph’s Campus – 2605 Harlem Rd., Cheektowaga, NY
Please look for signage directing you to the drop-off sites at each location.
Every year, Catholic Health participates in National Prescription Drug Take Back Day. This is a great opportunity to provide the community with a safe, convenient, and responsible way to dispose of prescription drugs.
This service is free and anonymous, no questions asked.
The following items will be accepted at our drop-off locations:
- Controlled substances
- Expired, unusable, or unwanted household prescriptions
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Syringes and needles
Please bring medications in the original labeled container and blacken-out all personal information. For additional information about accepted items or locations, click here.
Join Us on Saturday October, 28
Prescription Drug Take Back Day also brings awareness to the need for education about the potential for prescription drug abuse and facts about certain medications. Unused medicines that stay in the home are highly susceptible to misuse.
In recent years, we’ve learned that methods of disposing medications, like flushing them down the toilet or throwing them in the trash, could pose potential health and safety hazards.
Please join us in helping make a difference in the occurrence of prescription drug abuse and harmful disposal practices.