Braised Beef Chuck Roast with Stew Veggies
Beef often gets skipped on menus due to some concern about heart health, but studies show that beef is a good source of many nutrients including protein, vitamins B6 and B12, zinc, iron, niacin, phosphorus, and potassium. When eaten as part of a healthy diet that includes adequate amounts of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, fish, and other lean proteins, it contributes to your overall health. Choosing a beef product that’s lower in fat, like the one in this recipe, ensures that you still get all of the nutrients including protein, but without the excess fat.
⏲️ Ready in: 2 hrs. 40 mins.
🍳 Prep: 40 mins.
🍽️ Servings: 8
- 1 pkg (about 2 1/2-3 lbs) Wegmans Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- Wegmans Cracked Pepper Seasoning Shak’r to taste
- 3 Tbsp Wegmans Pan Searing Flour, plus additional for dusting
- 2 Tbsp Wegmans Pure Olive Oil
- 1 pkg (40 oz) Wegmans Cleaned & Cut Stew Vegetables
- 1 pkg (10 oz) Wegmans Whole Baby Bella Mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 can (28 oz) Wegmans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups Wegmans Beef Culinary Stock
- 1 Tbsp chopped Wegmans Thyme leaves
- 1 tsp chopped Wegmans Rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Nutrition information is per serving
Added Sugar: 0g
Saturated Fat: 11g
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season roast with cracked pepper seasoning. Dust with pan searing flour; pat off excess. Heat oil in large braising pan on MED-HIGH until oil faintly smokes. Add roast; turning to brown both sides, 10-15 min. Remove from pan; set aside. Reserve 1 Tbsp liquid from pan.
Reduce heat to MED. Add stew vegetables; cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 min. Add mushrooms; cook, 4-5 min, until lightly browned. Stir in wine. Simmer until reduced to syrupy consistency, about 5-6 min. Add tomatoes; cook, stirring to loosen browned bits on bottom of pan, about 5 min. Add stock; bring to a simmer. Return roast to braising pan; cover.
Transfer pan to center rack of oven; cook, 2-2 1/2 hours, until fork-tender. Remove pan from oven. Skim fat from surface of sauce and discard. Transfer roast to platter; season with salt and pepper. Let rest 10 min.
Add thyme, rosemary, and 3 Tbsp pan searing flour to pan liquid; stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper; serve with beef.
Your Grocery List
This healthy recipe was posted in partnership with Wegmans. Simplify your shopping and download the list of ingredients to bring on your next grocery run — or add these items to your cart and check-out online!
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
Copyright ©2020. Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This recipe was posted with permission from Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., however, all special diet claims attributed to this recipe were determined and referenced by Catholic Health.