Diabetes Self-Management Education Program
Recognized by the American Association of Diabetes Educators
Catholic Health’s Diabetes Self-Management Education Program has been
accredited by the Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists.
Classes are taught by experienced healthcare professionals, including certified
diabetes care and education specialists, registered nurses, registered dietitians,
and physical therapists.
What Will I Learn
- What is Diabetes?
- Nutrition & Meal Planning
- Exercise & Physical Activity
- Blood Glucose Self-Monitoring
- Dealing with High & Low Blood Sugars
- Healthy Lifestyle Changes
- Your physician will be contacted to complete the required referral form.
- A family member or friend may attend with you at no additional cost.
- If you need specific assistance, please let us know when you register.
- Program sites are handicapped accessible.
*Please note registering for the Continuing Your Journey classes requires the completion of the Diabetes Self-Management Education Program classes.
Diabetes Education Class (Virtual)
November 14, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Each class is a three part series and you must attend all three dates. This series will be held on November 14th, 15th, 16th, from 9:00 am to 11:30 am.Register online or by calling HealthConnection at (716) 447-6205
Call HealthConnection at (716) 447-6205 for details or to make an appointment.
- Individual Instruction available for:
- Insulin administration
- Home blood glucose testing
- Gestational diabetes
- Continuing Your Journey
- These classes are offered as part of your plan for ongoing self-management support. Participants can work with instructors to develop a follow-up plan for self-management success through opportunities to observe lectures, learn healthy shopping, speak to experts and vendors, and speak to others in the diabetic community. Each class offers a different opportunity to expand your diabetes knowledge and care routine.
Transportation (Mount St. Mary’s Hospital Only)
Patients who have no transportation can make arrangements for “VanGo” transport by calling (716) 298-2370 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance of the class.
Cost for this service is $1.00 each way.