Fruit Salad with Mint
Here’s an easy way to have dessert and keep it healthy. Colorful, refreshing and delicious, this fruit salad is packed with antioxidants and fiber.
- 8 strips of lime peel about 2 inches each
- 4 whole mint sprigs plus 2 Tbsp minced fresh mint
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 qt fresh strawberries, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 2 kiwifruits peeled and thinly sliced
In a small saucepan over a medium high heat, combine 1 cup water, lime peel strips and mint sprigs. Bring to a boil and cook until half the liquid has evaporated.
Remove the lime strips and mint sprigs and let the mixture cool. Add the 2 tablespoons minced mint, the lime zest and the lime juice.
In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, grapes and kiwi. Pour the lime and mint sauce over the fruit and toss gently until all the fruit is evenly coated.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Copyright indicia (© 2007 – 2017 Baldwin Publishing, Inc.). All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® Trademark indicia (® Health eCooking is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc.)
No information provided in any recipe and/or other product or service is a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be interpreted as treatment recommendations. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION.