Grilled Mixed Fruit & Vegetable Kabobs
Overall, this recipe offers a lot of support for your immune system. I think it’s a great, low-calorie option for a snack or side dish. Pineapple is high in vitamin C and also provides bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory properties. If you’re picking peppers for this recipe, go with red, which are also very high in vitamin C. Zucchini is a great source of vitamin A.
When it comes to buying produce, there’s always the debate of buying organic vs. non-organic. Organic foods are produced with natural substances, meaning they avoid artificial chemicals, hormones, antibiotics, and GMOs (genetically modified organisms).
When you’re making such a produce-heavy recipe this time of the year, you have the option of buying local fruits and veggies. Buying locally-grown foods is a huge benefit to the environment because you reduce the amount of food miles… meaning the food does not have to be shipped in, which reduces the amount of carbon emissions.
Take advantage of local produce while you can. Remember that local food keeps farmers in business! It tends to be fresher, and fresher food typically tastes better.
⏲️ Ready in: 20 mins.
⌛ Prep: 20 mins.
?️ Servings: 4
- 1 (about 1/3 lb) bell pepper (any color), cored, seeded and cut in 1-1/2-inch dice, about 12 pieces
- 1 (about 1/2 lb) zucchini or yellow summer squash, cut in 1/2-inch rounds, about 12 pieces
- 1 sweet onion, peeled, quartered and separated into layers, about 12 pieces
- 12 (1-1/2-inch) fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Wegmans Organic Basting Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian Classics 5-Leaf Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- Salt and pepper to taste
Nutrition information is per serving
Added Sugar: 1g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Preheat grill on MED. Mix basting oil and balsamic vinegar together in small bowl.
Skewer vegetables and pineapple (alternating as desired with 3 pieces of each item on skewers); brush with 1 Tbsp oil and vinegar mixture.
Grill, turning every 3 min, until grill marks appear on all sides and veggies are crisp-tender, about 10 min.
Drizzle with remaining oil and vinegar mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from skewers onto serving platter.
Your Grocery List
This healthy recipe was posted in partnership with Wegmans. Simplify your shopping and download the list of ingredients to bring on your next grocery run — or add these items to your cart and check-out online!
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
Copyright ©2020. Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This recipe was posted with permission from Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., however, all special diet claims attributed to this recipe were determined and referenced by Catholic Health.