Gluten-free Summer Pasta Salad
This gluten-free pasta salad is just in time for summer. A salad that provides a healthy dose of fresh vegetables with the brightness added by lemon juice is just what the season calls for.
Note the recipe’s blanching instructions. The blanching time is short, so as to maintain vegetable crispness. The use of an ice water bath is essential to keep colors bright.
If you haven’t tried gluten-free pasta before, note the instructions note to overcook. The protein structure of rice pasta differs from wheat pasta, and therefore can be softer. I think you’ll enjoy both making and eating this recipe… and it’s enough to serve a crowd.
⏲️ Ready in: 30 mins.
🍳 Prep: 30 mins.
🍽️ Servings: 12
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 red sweet pepper, cored, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, cut into quarters, then cut on bias
- 1 yellow squash, trimmed, cut into quarters, then cut on bias
- 1 pkg (16 oz) Wegmans Organic Gluten Free Brown Rice Fusilli Pasta
- 3 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 pint Food You Feel Good About Super Sweet Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar (6.7 0z) Italian Classics Basil Pesto Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Zest and juice of 3 lemons (about 1/2 cup juice)
- 1/3 cup Food You Feel Good About Fancy Shredded Parmesan & Romano Cheese (Dairy Dept)
Nutrition information is per serving
Added Sugar: 0g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Add asparagus to large pot of boiling, salted water; blanch 1 min. Add pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash; blanch 30 seconds. Remove veggies from water; place in bowl of ice water 30 seconds. Drain well; transfer to large bowl.
Return blanching water to a boil; add pasta. Cook 14-16 min (careful not to overcook). Drain; rinse with cold water.
Add pasta, green onions, and tomatoes to vegetables in large bowl.
Toss with pesto sauce; season with salt and pepper. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and cheese. Toss to combine.
Your Grocery List
This healthy recipe was posted in partnership with Wegmans. Simplify your shopping and download the list of ingredients to bring on your next grocery run — or add these items to your cart and check-out online!
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
Copyright ©2020. Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This recipe was posted with permission from Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., however, all special diet claims attributed to this recipe were determined and referenced by Catholic Health.