Have you ever looked at the sodium content of commercially jarred salsa? You might be surprised to find one serving of salsa having as much as 400 mg of sodium.
Try this refreshing take: pineapple-mango salsa. It will only take minutes to make and you control the amount of added salt. Since this is a fruit salsa, your taste buds will be satisfied with much less sodium. If you seasoned this recipe with ¼ tsp of salt, you could eat half of the 6 cups this recipe makes (that’s a lot of salsa!) and you would still have eaten less sodium than you’d find in most jarred salsas.
An added benefit from this recipe is the punch of vitamin C the pineapple and mango provide. This recipe is also versatile – not just for chips! – try it as a condiment for your poultry or pork dishes.
⏲️ Ready in: 2 hours 25 mins.
⌛Prep: 25 mins.
?️Servings: 6 cups
- 4 cups (or 1/2 of a whole) Food You Feel Good About cored pineapple, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 pkg (9 0z.) Food You Feel Good About mango chunks, or 1 whole mango, 1/4-inch dice (2 cups)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, cored (wear gloves when handling)
- 1/2 (2 oz.) red onion, peeled
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp stemmed, chopped Food You Feel Good About mint
- Salt to taste
Nutrition information is per serving
Saturated Fat: 0g
Combine pineapple and mango in mixing bowl; set aside.
Add pepper and onion to food processor; buzz once. Add lime juice; puree until smooth.
Add puree, cilantro, and mint to pineapple-mango mixture; season with salt. Toss until well mixed.
Chill 2 hours before serving.
Your Grocery List
This healthy recipe was posted in partnership with Wegmans. Simplify your shopping and download the list of ingredients to bring on your next grocery run — or add these items to your cart and check-out online!
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
Copyright ©2020. Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This recipe was posted with permission from Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., however, all special diet claims attributed to this recipe were determined and referenced by Catholic Health.