Salmon with Tomatoes & Capers
While the total fat grams per serving may look scary, the fats that are in salmon are commonly referred to as “good fats.” While fat calories are still the same, the type of fat you find in salmon is a healthier fat when it comes to heart and brain health.
Salmon is one of the best sources of Omega-3 fatty acids, which the American Heart Association recommends eating twice weekly. Additionally, the types of fats in salmon are predominantly mono- and poly-unsaturated fats, which may improve cholesterol levels and overall cardiovascular health, when eaten in place of saturated (think solid at room temperature fats).
Making this dish with a side of beans and greens further bumps up the nutritional profile of this dish as a great source of iron, fiber, vitamin C, folate, and potassium, along with providing more than one full serving of veggies for the meal.
⏲️ Ready in: 45 mins.
? Prep: 15 mins.
?️ Servings: 4
- 2 cloves Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut Peeled Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 white onion, peeled, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 container (pint) Wegmans Organic Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 of a 3 oz. jar Italian Classics Nonpareil Capers, drained
- 1/4 bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp Italian Classics Campagnan Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 (6 oz. each) Wegmans Fresh Farm-Raised Salmon Portions
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 4 slices lemon
Nutrition information is per serving
Omega-3 Fats: 3040mg
Saturated Fat: 4g
Preheat grill on HIGH. Add garlic, onion, red pepper flakes, tomatoes, capers, and parsley to bowl; stir to combine.
Coat 12-inch cast-iron skillet with 1 Tbsp oil. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper; center in skillet, skinned-side down.
Pour tomato-caper mixture around salmon portions in skillet; drizzle remaining oil over salmon. Garnish salmon with lemon slices.
Place skillet on grill; close grill lid. Cook about 20 min, until internal temp reaches 130 degrees (check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of salmon).
Remove skillet carefully from grill using oven mitts; let rest 2 minutes. Serve.
Your Grocery List
This healthy recipe was posted in partnership with Wegmans. Simplify your shopping and download the list of ingredients to bring on your next grocery run — or add these items to your cart and check-out online!
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
Copyright ©2020. Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This recipe was posted with permission from Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., however, all special diet claims attributed to this recipe were determined and referenced by Catholic Health.