Asian Vegetables & Tofu Stir Fry
This recipe is a great way to incorporate soy foods into your diet. Soy products like tofu, edamame, and soy milk are plant-based sources of protein, vitamins, minerals, and other phytochemical that benefit health.
There is much confusion about soy because of its isoflavone content, which is similar to the hormone estrogen. Yet science has demonstrated that both men and women actually reduce their cancer risk, severity, and recurrence rate when they include soy foods in their diets. If you have any questions about including soy in your diet, talk to your doctor or a registered dietitian.
Blanch tofu and snap peas 30 sec in pot of boiling, salted water. Drain; set aside.
Heat stir-fry pan on HIGH. Add coconut oil; swirl until melted. Add garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, 10 sec. Add onion, peppers, and chile; cook, stirring, 30 sec. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring, 30 sec.
Add tofu, snap peas, tomatoes, garlic simmer sauce, salt, and soy sauce; cook, stirring, about 1 min. Bring to simmer; add kale. Cook, stirring gently, about 30 sec, until kale is slightly wilted. Garnish with green onions.
⏲️ Ready in: 30 mins.
? Prep: 30 mins.
?️ Servings: 10 cups
- 1 pkg (14 oz) Wegmans Organic Extra-Firm Tofu, drained, 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 of an 8 oz pkg Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut Sugar Snap Peas, halved
- 2 Tbsp Wegmans Organic Refined Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp minced Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut Peeled Garlic
- 2 Tbsp peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 1 white onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg (3-pack) Wegmans Organic Mixed Peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red Fresno chile, seeded, thinly sliced (wear gloves when handling)
- 1 pkg (5 oz) Food You Feel Good About Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms, washed
- 3 tomatoes on-the-vine, cored, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 containers (4 oz each) Food You Feel Good About Garlic Simmer Sauce (Produce Dept)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Food You Feel Good About Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 cups (about 4 oz, lightly packed) Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut Kale Greens
- 3-4 green onions, green part only, thinly sliced on bias, for garnish
Nutrition information is per serving
Added Sugar: 0g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Your Grocery List
This healthy recipe was posted in partnership with Wegmans. Simplify your shopping and download the list of ingredients to bring on your next grocery run — or add these items to your cart and check-out online!
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
Copyright ©2020. Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This recipe was posted with permission from Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., however, all special diet claims attributed to this recipe were determined and referenced by Catholic Health.