Wondering if your spices are still fresh? Ground spices last about three to four years. A good general rule is to date the canister when you first open it.
Check your spices annually by smelling their aroma and inspecting their color. Keep them in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct light.
Remember that spices add flavor without adding calories or salt, so find ways to season your food with what you have on hand. Enjoy!
⏲️ Ready in: 5 mins.
🍳 Prep: 5 mins.
🍽️ Servings: 1 cup
- 1 cup Wegmans Vanilla Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1/2 tsp Wegmans Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/16 tsp ground cardamom
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp Wegmans Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Wegmans Organic Pure Maple Syrup
Nutrition information is per serving
Added Sugar: 4g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Add almondmilk, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, peppercorns, coconut oil, and maple syrup to blender; blend on HIGH 1 min.
Transfer mixture to saucepan on MED; heat, whisking, until temp reaches about 120 degrees (check with thermometer).
Transfer to serving mug.
Your Grocery List
This healthy recipe was posted in partnership with Wegmans. Simplify your shopping and download the list of ingredients to bring on your next grocery run — or add these items to your cart and check-out online!
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
Copyright ©2020. Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This recipe was posted with permission from Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., however, all special diet claims attributed to this recipe were determined and referenced by Catholic Health.