Updated Catholic Health Visitor Guidelines
We thank everyone for their patience and understanding as we strive to keep our patients, visitors, and staff safe. The following visitor guidelines are in place at Kenmore Mercy Hospital, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo, Mount St. Mary’s Hospital, and Sisters of Charity Hospital, Main St. Campus only.
Hospital Visitor Guidelines
To protect the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff, the following visitation guidelines are in effect:
- Visiting hours are for inpatients only (excluding maternity patients) from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m daily.
- Patients are limited to one visitor at a time.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring food or drink into the hospital.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or older. Visitors age 60 or older are discouraged from visiting due to increased risk of COVID-19.
- Patients are encouraged to have no more than two visitors per day.
- Visitors must undergo symptom and temperature checks when entering the hospital. Those who report COVID-19 exposure or symptoms in the past 14 days are not permitted to visit. Individuals with temperatures of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or greater will also not be permitted to visit.
- Visitors will be provided with a mask and screening sticker that must be worn at all times.
- Visitors must clean their hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before entering a patient’s room and when leaving.
- Visitors must practice social distancing (at least 6 feet apart) in all locations, including patient rooms.
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room during their visit and are not allowed in other public areas of the hospital, including the cafeteria, Tim Hortons, and waiting rooms. Arrangements for escorted chapel visitation may be made within the nursing unit.
- Visitors may only use the public restrooms on the first floor of the hospital.
- Clinical staff may request that a visitor leave the room if care cannot be safely provided while they are present.
- Visitors must provide their name, contact information and the name of the patient they are visiting upon arrival.
Maternity Visitor Guidelines
With the presence of Coronavirus in Western New York, all hospital visitation is temporarily suspended except for a single support person for maternity patients. Under these special circumstances, one visitor will be allowed per patient and all visitors will have to submit to a verbal health screening and temperature scan.
We understand how difficult it can be to not be able to a visit loved when they are in the hospital and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. These restrictions are in place to help limit the spread of Coronavirus in our community and protect the health and well-being of our patients and care staff. If you have a loved one in the hospital, you can be connected to their room phone by calling:
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo – (716) 826-7000
- Mount St. Mary’s Hospital – (716) 297-4800
- Sisters of Charity Hospital – (716) 862-1000
Please let a member of our care team know if you have any additional questions. These guidelines are in place for everyone’s safety. We reserve the right to alter them or make exceptions at the discretion of our care team.
Visitors who do not comply, will be asked to leave.
PLEASE NOTE: This plan does NOT include Catholic Health’s COVID-19 Treatment Facility at St. Joseph Campus, the St. Joseph Post-Acute Center in Orchard Park, or the health system’s nursing homes, which are still not permitted to have visitors by the DOH.