Seared Feta & Vegetable Pasta Salad
From TikTok to Instagram, feta pasta is taking social media by storm. This seared feta and vegetable pasta recipe is the perfect way to join the trend, while keeping your diet on track.
Wegmans gives the viral feta pasta a healthy makeover by adding ingredients packed with nutritional benefits. This simple, 3-step recipe includes extra fiber from that whole grain pasta, which helps keep you fuller, longer. Make this recipe your own by substituting Wegmans Organic Gluten Free Chickpea Rotini or Black Bean Penne Pasta for a protein boost!
Spinach, our favorite leafy green superfood, adds Vitamin K as well as a plant-based source of iron. And even feta cheese provides calcium, an essential nutrient for strong bones and teeth.
Hop on this online trend by sharing your Seared Feta and Vegetable Pasta Salad on social media… don’t forget to tag Catholic Health!
⏲️ Ready in: 35 mins.
⌛Prep: 35 mins.
?️Servings yield: 20 cups
- 1-2 (about 3/4 lb total) zucchini, trimmed, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp Italian Classics Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 container (8 oz) Wegmans Feta Cheese in Brine (Cheese Shop), drained, patted dry, cut in 4 slices
- 1 pkg (16 oz) Italian Classics Organic Whole Wheat Farfalle Pasta, cooked per pkg directions
- 3/4 cup (about 3 oz) Wegmans Pitted Kalamata Olives (Cheese Shop), slivered
- 1 container (.25 oz) Wegmans Oregano, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 container (pint) Wegmans Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of a 10 oz pkg Wegmans Organic Matchstick Carrots
- 1 cup Wegmans Organic White Balsamic Dressing
- 1 container (5 oz) Wegmans Organic Spinach, Arugula & Radicchio Blend
Nutrition information is per serving
Added Sugar: 0g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Lay zucchini slices flat in single layer on baking sheet; sprinkle evenly with 3/8 tsp salt. Let rest 10 min at room temp.
Heat nonstick pan on HIGH; add oil. Reduce heat to MED-HIGH; add cheese to pan. Sear on one side, about 2 min, until browned. Remove pan from heat; return cheese to room temp. Gently remove cheese from pan with spatula; cut in 1/2-inch dice. Set aside.
Transfer zucchini to colander (do not rinse). Squeeze lightly using paper towel; pat dry.
Add zucchini, feta, cooked pasta, olives, oregano, tomatoes, carrots, dressing, and remaining salt to large bowl; toss to combine.
Add greens just before serving; toss gently to mix.
Your Grocery List
This healthy recipe was posted in partnership with Wegmans. Simplify your shopping and download the list of ingredients to bring on your next grocery run — or add these items to your cart and check-out online!
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
Copyright ©2021. Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This recipe was posted with permission from Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., however, all special diet claims attributed to this recipe were determined and referenced by Catholic Health.