Vegan Nut & Mushroom Pate
“Overall, this recipe provides healthy fats, protein, and fiber. The tofu is the protein source here – which is good, since protein can be challenging for vegans to get into their diet.
Healthy, monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acids are provided from the olive oil. This is a great oil because it’s a healthy alternative to vegetable oil, which traditionally have too much omega-6.
Finally, the almonds and tahini account for significant magnesium, which most Americans are actually deficient in.
If you’re interested in watching your carbs, I’d recommend using a lower carb cracker with this pâté.”
⏲️ Ready in: 1 hr. 30 mins.
⌛Prep: 30 mins.
?️Servings: 3 cups
- 1 onion, peeled, 1-inch dice
- 2 pkgs (10 oz each) Wegmans Whole Baby Bella Mushrooms, washed, stemmed, 1-inch dice
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Italian Classics Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Wegmans Raw Almonds, toasted
- 1/2 of a 14 oz pkg Wegmans Organic Firm Tofu
- 1/4 cup Wegmans Organic Tahini
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Wegmans Soy Sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1 clove Wegmans Cleaned & Cut Peeled Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chopped Wegmans Thyme leaves
Nutrition information is per serving
Added Sugar: 0g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add onions and mushrooms to food processor; pulse until fine. Combine onion-mushroom mixture with 2 Tbsp oil; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake, stirring occasionally, 60-75 min, until mixture is dark brown, dry and crumbly. Let cool.
Add almonds to food processor; pulse until they form a coarse meal. Transfer to bowl; set aside. Add tofu, remaining oil, tahini, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and thyme to food processor; blend until smooth.
Add tofu mixture and onion-mushroom mixture to bowl with almond meal; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.
Your Grocery List
This healthy recipe was posted in partnership with Wegmans. Simplify your shopping and download the list of ingredients to bring on your next grocery run — or add these items to your cart and check-out online!
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
Copyright ©2020. Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This recipe was posted with permission from Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., however, all special diet claims attributed to this recipe were determined and referenced by Catholic Health.