Seafood & Asparagus Salad
Fresh herbs can sometimes have distinct flavors but overall, they provide antioxidants and can also aid in blood sugar control.
By calling for shrimp as one of the main ingredients, this recipe puts an interesting spin on your summer menu. Shrimp provides plenty of protein with minimal calories, along with high amounts of selenium and vitamin B12. Enjoy!
⏲️ Ready in: 1 hr. 45 mins.
⏰Prep: 45 mins.
🍽️Servings yield: 4
- 1 bunch (about 1 lb) asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 white onion, peeled, thinly sliced (half-moon) (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 of a 16 oz pkg Wegmans Organic Raw Peeled & Deveined Shrimp, thawed
- 8 oz Wegmans Wild Caught Patagonian Scallops, thawed
- 1 clove Wegmans Cleaned & Cut Peeled Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp Wegmans Pure Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Wegmans Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 3 leaves Thai basil, thinly sliced
- 3 leaves Wegmans Tarragon, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon (2-3 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp organic light blue agave
- 1/2 of an 8 oz container jumbo lump crab meat
- Salt to taste
- 1 beefsteak tomato, halved, thinly sliced
Nutrition information is per serving
Saturated Fat: 1g
Cut asparagus into thin ribbons using vegetable peeler; leave tips whole.
Blanch asparagus and onion in large pot of boiling, salted water 10 seconds. Remove with slotted spoon; transfer to ice water. Blot dry with paper towels; set aside. Return blanching water to boil.
Boil shrimp 1 min, until cooked; remove from pot and drain. Return water to boil; add scallops. Boil 2 min; drain. Chill seafood in shallow dish 1 hour.
Add garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, tarragon, lemon juice, and agave to small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine; set aside.
Combine veggies, shrimp, and scallops in large mixing bowl. Add 3/4 of oil-vinegar mixture; combine. Season with salt; gently fold in crab.
Arrange tomato slices around rim of serving dish. Season lightly with salt. Mound salad mixture in center. Drizzle tomatoes with dressing that remained in bowl.
Your Grocery List
This healthy recipe was posted in partnership with Wegmans. Simplify your shopping and download the list of ingredients to bring on your next grocery run — or add these items to your cart and check-out online!
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
Copyright ©2020. Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This recipe was posted with permission from Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., however, all special diet claims attributed to this recipe were determined and referenced by Catholic Health.