Homestyle Refried Bean Dip
This homestyle refried bean dip recipe is loaded with fiber at 5g per serving, and is also a great source of vegetarian protein. The benefits of dietary fiber include keeping the gastrointestinal system as well as your microbiome healthy, in addition to reducing risk of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
The low sodium content also makes this recipe an excellent choice. Dried herbs and garlic add to the flavor profile while providing an excellent array of phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are chemicals that are derived from plants that provide antioxidant and immune-boosting benefits.
This bean dip would be a great addition to your taco night, or simply used as a destination for sliced vegetables or whole-grain tortilla chips.
⏲️ Ready in: 40 mins.
⌛Prep: 40 mins.
?️Yield: 8 cups
- 3 Tbsp Italian Classics Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pkg (7 oz.) Food You Feel Good About Chopped Onions
- 1 green pepper, cored, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 cloves Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut Peeled Garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 cans (15.5 oz each) Wegmans Pinto Beans, 2 cans undrained
- Salt to taste
Nutrition information is per serving
Saturated Fat: 0g
Heat oil in braising pan on MED-HIGH. Add onions, green pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, about 8 min, until vegetables are tender.
Add oregano, basil, dill, and cilantro. Cook about 2 min, stirring. Add cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper. Cook another 2 min, stirring. Remove from heat; set aside.
Place canned beans in bowl. Mash with potato masher. Add to vegetable-spice mixture in braising pan; stir to combine. Season with salt.
Cook on LOW, stirring occasionally, about 10 min, until flavors blend and texture firms.
Your Grocery List
This healthy recipe was posted in partnership with Wegmans. Simplify your shopping and download the list of ingredients to bring on your next grocery run — or add these items to your cart and check-out online!
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
Copyright ©2020. Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This recipe was posted with permission from Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., however, all special diet claims attributed to this recipe were determined and referenced by Catholic Health.